Skip to Main Content


Maryland residents serving in the Uniformed Services or residing outside of the United States may register to vote and vote in Maryland. If you would like to find out your voter registration status in Maryland, you can use our voter look-up website.

Who is a Uniformed Services voter?

A Uniformed Services voter is a U.S. citizen who is a member of (or the spouse or dependent of a member of) the:

  • Uniformed Services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard);
  • Merchant marine;
  • Commissioned corps of the Public Health Service; and
  • National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;

Note: A member of the National Guard or Reserve unit is considered a Uniformed Services voter under UOCAVA if the voter is newly activated and mobilized and will be away from his or her residence on a more permanent basis.

You can use our voter registration search to determine if you are registered and find other pertinent information regarding your registration.

Who is an overseas voter?

An overseas voter is a citizen who resides outside of the United States and its territories and but for residence, would be otherwise qualified to vote in Maryland.