Primary Election - April 26, 2016, 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the Primary Election - Thursday, April 14, 2016 through Thursday, April 21, 2016 from 10 am until 8 pm.
General Election - November 8, 2016, 7 am until 8 pm
- Early Voting for the General Election - Thursday, October 27, 2016 through Thursday, November 3, 2016 from 8 am until 8 pm.
General Election Ballot Questions
There is one Constitutional Amendment that will appear statewide on the Novemeber 8, 2016 general election ballots. There are also four local referendums, passed by the General Assembly, that will appear on the ballots in certain counties. The Secretary of State is responsible for preparing and certifying the statewide ballot question language. Additionally, local ballot questions may appear in certain counties. The state and local ballot question language is available here.
Each political party in each of the 50 States and the District of Columbia submits a list of individuals pledged to their candidate for President and equal in number to the State's electoral vote (10 for Maryland). View the current list of Presidential electors submitted by the recognized political parties in Maryland.
To learn more about the Electoral College, see our Electoral College page. For historical information on the presidential Electors of Maryland see the Maryland State Archives's list of the presidential Electors in Maryland from 1789 to 2008.
Other Election Related Statistics
Official Turnout Statistics
2016 Primary Election
- Statewide by Party and County (PDF)
- Statewide by Party and County (Excel)
- Statewide by Party and Congressional (PDF)
- Statewide by Party and Congressional (Excel)
- Statewide by Party and Legislative (PDF)
- Statewide by Party and Legislative (Excel)
- Statewide by Party and Precinct (CSV)
- Statewide by County and Canvass (PDF)
- Statewide Votes Accepted by County and Canvass (PDF)
- Statewide Absentee Voting by County (PDF)
- Statewide Provisional Voting by County (PDF)
Presidential Candidate Certification
2016 General Precincts and Polling Places
2016 Primary Precincts and Polling Places
Election Related Reports
See the 2016 Primary Reports in the Press Room for additional information related to this election. There you can find early voting turnout, eligible active voters and absentee counts.